CAL WATER will pay an incentive of $1.00 per square foot for living grass (lawn) that is replaced with a beautiful water-efficient landscape suited to our region’s semi-arid climate.project resources, frequently asked questions and study guide sections of this website to help you get started with your project.
Thank you for your interest in helping us conserve water!
- $1.00 per square foot incentive for removal of living turf.
- To qualify you must remove a minimum of 250 square feet.
- For single-family residential customers, the maximum rebate is limited to 1,000 square feet and for multi-family residential and non-residential customers, the maximum rebate is limited to 10,000 square feet.
- At a minimum, 50% of the eligible Project Area (including permeable hardscape areas) must be landscaped with climate-appropriate plants (artificial turf does not meet program guidelines).
- You must check with your Homeowner’s Association, City and County for rules and regulations related to landscaping your specific property prior to starting your project.
- This program is to designed to purchase water savings. If turf was dead prior to 1/1/2015 you will not be allowed to participate in the program.
- Computer, internet, email access are required to participate. Applications must be submitted through this website, paper applications cannot be accepted.
- The completed Project area must remain in compliance with all Program conditions for a period of at least 5 years from the date of Project approval.